„FOR THE FUTURE OF AGRICULTURE, FOR THE WELFARE OF OUR ANIMALS”
WHO WE ARE?
Alpha-Vet (a member of Alpha Holding Investment Co. Ltd.) is a Hungarian family-owned enterprise, which was established 31 years ago and has been developing continuously ever since.
Alpha-Vet is market leader in Hungary in the distribution of veterinary pharmaceuticals and feed additives, and it has substantial manufacturing capacity for veterinary pharmaceuticals, feed additives as well as crop and soil conditioning agents. In addition to the above, Alpha-Vet has separate divisions for the sale of pet foods and pet accessories, as well as for livestock husbandry equipment and veterinary instruments.
In 2019 the total net sales turnover of Alpha Holding was 65 million € (+13.8%), with again the highest operating profits since its establishment, following a trend that has been uninterrupted for many years. It currently provides secure livelihood for over 500 employees.
ALWAYS HIGHER AND HIGHER
PHARMACEUTICALS MANUFACTURING –INNOVATION AND VOLUME
ON SOLID FOUNDATIONS
The Bábolna Pharmaceuticals Manufacturing Plant of Phylaxia Pharmaceuticals Co. Ltd. founded in 1912 has major traditions in the profession. Alpha-Vet started its veterinary pharmaceuticals manufacturing activity by purchasing the assets of that renowned company in 2008.
Alpha-Vet completely renewed and expanded the Bábolna plant and fitted it up with cutting-edge, ‘high-tech’ manufacturing equipment. Improvement of the manufacturing conditions made it possible to continue product development and to further improve the quality of the existing product portfolio.
The plant has EU GMP certification, and is now manufacturing veterinary medicinal products for 18 member states of the European Union and further 7 European countries outside the EU.
The veterinary pharmaceuticals portfolio of Alpha-Vet is made up by products for which there is the greatest demand: in addition to antibiotics and anthelmintics for farm animals, the company manufactures own-developed original products unique in the world for treating skin infections and otitis externa in dogs. By reconstruction, the plant was made suitable for manufacturing premixes, powder mixtures, pelleted products, oral suspensions / solutions and tablets.
The manufacturing capacity of the plant for all types of products is multiple times higher than the Hungarian demand, which ensures the secure supply of products for the export markets and a substantial free capacity for contract manufacturing activity.
Parallel to the development of our manufacturing activity, our research directorate is continuously upgrading our own-developed products portfolio in co-operation with numerous high-ranking European research institutes and universities as partners.
TOLL MANUFACTURING POSSIBILITIES
PHARMACEUTICAL MANUFACTURING PLANT OF BÁBOLNA
LOCATED CENTRALLY IN THE ROAD NETWORK OF EUROPE, RIGHT NEXT TO THE MOST IMPORTANT TRANSPORT ROUTE
MAIN CHARACTERISTICS OF THE PLANT
LOCATION: BÁBOLNA BUSINESS PARK, 100 KM FROM BUDAPEST IN WESTERN DIRECTION, 5 KM FROM THE M1 MOTORWAY
- 2012: Comprehensive reconstruction, expansion, modernization, with installation of cutting edge technologies
- The entire ground-space of the plant is 1,100 square metres
- EU GMP certification for the manufacturing of veterinary medicinal productsQuality? No question about it!
Quality control laboratory with EU GMP certification – a guarantee for fast product release and documents conforming to the EU requirements
We are pleased to offer our wide-ranging registration experience. We have active relations with the competent authorities of 18 EU member states and numerous products with EU registration
WE FIND SOLUTIONS FOR A VIDE VARETY OF NEEDS
SERVICES AVAILABLE IN BÁBOLNA
YOU CAN TRUST OUR MANUFACTURING EXPERIENCE, EITHER IN PELLETING OR IN THE PRODUCTION OF SUSPENSIONS AND SOLUTIONS!
- Production of pharmaceuticals of powder form (premixes): 2.0 tons/shift
- Pelleting – fluid and vortex granulation – 200–250 kg/production run
- Packaging of pellets and powder mixtures
- Package sizes: in the range from 100 g pouches to 30 kg bags
- Formulation of liquid, non-sterile pharmaceutical forms
- Range: in containers from 100 ml to 5 litres
- Plastic/aluminium blisters
- Packaging of veterinary medicinal products in primary packaging (blister, container, glass vials) into collapsible cardboard boxes and secondary packaging
- Preparation of tablets on the basis of specified technologies
- Tablet manufacturing from ready-mixed pellets: 30,000 tablets/hour
MANUFACTURE OF LIQUID PHARMACEUTICAL FORMS (NON-STERILE)
- Suspensions – suspending with a colloid mill
- The daily capacity depends on the characteristics of the product
SITES IN BALATONFŰZFŐ
THE GUARANTEE OF QUALITY
LOCATION: BALATONFŰZFŐ INDUSTRIAL WORKS
- Balatonfűzfő: 100-year traditions in the chemical industry
- Chemical industry infrastructure on 600 hectares (energy, drinking water, waste management, excellent transport relations)
- Stable manufacturing background, experience dating back several decades• Two new, state-of-the-art manufacturing plants
- Warehouse, offices and social/welfare premises of adequate size
- GMP+ certification
LIQUID PLANT – with a capacity of 12,000 litres/shift
- Liquid vitamin, amino acid and trace element products – feed additives
- Works area: 120 m2
- Packaging hall: 250 m2
WORKS MANUFACTURING NUTRIENT SOLUTIONS FOR PLANTS
- Manufacturing of foliar feeds based on trace elements, amino acids and humic acid – 12,000 litres/shift
- GMP+ certification• Manufacturing area: 200 m2
- Packaging room: 100 m2
WORKS MANUFACTURING FEED ADDITIVES OF POWDER FORM
- Manufacturing of feed additive powder mixtures: 7.5 tons/shift
- Bag packaging with sack sewing, up to a size of 30 kg, Big Bag
- Filling of foil bags of different types, tailored to size within 1 and 5 kg limits
- Manufacturing area: 160 m2